Human Resources Director
Posted: March 27, 2013
Department: Human Resources
Location: Horsham, PA
Category: Full Time
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Director is responsible for all aspects of human capital management for one or more departments. This includes working with associates to facilitate associate development and alignment with business priorities, providing advice, counsel, and leadership, to help leaders navigate organizational challenges. Acting as a liaison between the departments and the various HR functions to ensure high quality service, the person in this position must serve as a confidant to all associates as well as leaders.
In addition the HR Director person will manage the talent acquisition process for the departments they support. This will involve sourcing, interviewing, selection, and initial onboarding in addition to college recruiting and acting as a liaison to community and professional organizations. In the case of new leaders the HR Director will facilitate the leader assimilation process.
- Serves as the single point of contact for all HR services for associates and leaders of supported departments.
- Provides advice and counsel to leaders concerning organizational challenges.
- Introduces best HR practices to help improve organizational performance.
- Works with the VP of Organizational Development to facilitate the Talent Assessment Review Process (TAP) for supported departments.
- Collaborates with department leaders to conduct workforce planning i.e. identifying critical positions and assessing bench strength.
- Facilitates and aligns associate development plans to support departmental priorities.
- Facilitates the performance review process for supported departments.
- Supports leaders to facilitate organizational change including severing (job eliminations) and separating employees.
- Conducts formal and informal coaching at all levels of the organization.
- Tracks and trends misconduct across supported departments and reports to the SVP and CHRO on a monthly basis.
- Collaborates with the VP, Total Rewards, Compensation Director, VP of Learning and Organizational
- Development and other members of the HR Team to ensure flawless service delivery of core HR services.
- Facilitates the merit and bonus process for supported departments.
- Conducts investigations and follow up when necessary.
- In collaboration with the VP of Learning and OD designs and facilitates departmental leadership planning /teambuilding sessions.
- Participates/represents HR in organization-wide teams, initiatives and projects as needed.
- Bachelors Degree , MBA or equivalent ( preferred)\8 to 10 years human resources experience of which at least 5 years in a generast role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various human resources management principles, equal opportunity and benefit laws in order to develop policies that protect the interests of the Penn Mutual.
- Solid understanding of PML policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to integrate a complementary human resources management network
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal , leadership , and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Proven analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong team building, coaching and influencing skills
- Able to set priorities and make decisions independently
- Knowledge of insurance industry (preferred)
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR preferred
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9 with “Job Title: Human Resource Director” in the Subject line.